About Me

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Do dreams have an expiration date?

Last year I started working out at the gym. Although I said that it was because I feel better when I go to the gym on a regular basis, let's be real, a part of me was dreaming about the slender but curvy "me" that would eventually win out.  I forgot to tell my taste buds about this dream. My love of sweets did not change.  I didn't justify my sweet eating by saying I was working out because I am realistic about calories, fat and carbs. Secretly, I was dreaming that soon those clothes that were too tight would become loose or that I would look more toned because of the work outs which include some decent strength training. No as I am anticipating leaving for a 23 month mission (no, I don't know where I am going yet) I am wondering if I should just let my gym membership expire since my dream already has done so?

When I saw the picture below, with the quote, I started thinking about dreams, do they expire, or do they just change?  Should I take a deep breath and try again?  Or should I seriously consider:  Is this really a dream that matters to me right now?  Maybe I should take a deep breath . . .


. . . and begin again but this time dreaming a dream that really matters to me right now.  A scripture sent to me by my wise stake president is the basis for trying again.

Isaiah 40:31 
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I will continue going to the gym so:

I will be able to walk (maybe not run) and not be weary or faint - 


my stress will be reduced and I will think more clearly and be more focused - (squirrel!)


I will be a better person showing increased love for others, finding  joy in service, peace

And I will be happy because I will remember that I AM LOVEABLE AND CAPABLE 





SHINING LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

My dream to go to the gym has not expired.  I will take a deep breath and continue to workout as I remember my reasons for doing so.  Then, when I receive my mission call, I may discover the gym is not an option.  My dream will then change as I consider alternatives such as walking and an exercise routine instead going to a gym.

For me, it is important that I remember WHY I have a dream and I believe the scripture 
Isaiah 40:31says it all!   As you can see in the pictures below, being slender, curvy, or even a unicorn is not what makes my dream important ... at Girls' Camp I walked, mostly without weariness, was somewhat focused, and  felt loveable and capable - and I was very happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment