About Me

Thursday, April 10, 2014

As time goes by . . . (stole this title)

In the 1950's I could be found turning cartwheels around my front yard in a small town in Ohio.  I  was carefree and happy.

In the 1960's when I was in high school and dating a guy who called me Pollyanna (because of the movie and my sunny attitude) I was focused and happy.  Our life together was going to be just what I had always dreamed about.

In the 1970's I was a young wife and mother, very busy and happy most of the time.  Our life together was almost as I had dreamed it would be.

In the 1980's the love of my life was diagnosed with Huntington's Disease, no longer able to work as a computer programmer.  And, with a leap of faith, I went to work and cared for him and our two children.
Not exactly living the dream I had thought I'd be living.

In the 1990's the kids left the nest and my husband died.  I asked myself "dream - what dream?  was there ever really a dream?"

In the 21st century I am happy to not be living in a dream.   If I could still turn cartwheels I would.  Looking back on my life I wonder how I ended up here and that's when I remember that rather than relying on dreams I have taken My Leap of Faith many times.

In 2014 I am submitting my papers to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) as a "senior sister missionary."  Talk about a LEAP OF FAITH.  I've decided to start a second blog entitled Mission Miracles.  It will begin with a couple of miracles that happened prior to my son's mission which began in 1993.  And then I will add miracles that are making it possible for me to serve at this time.  And other miracles and tender mercies and magical moments that make preparing for a mission a marvelous experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment